Sunday, September 28, 2008

[Post 121] What Happened

Hoho!!
I am back... from church!! Practiced till real late today... first time we've ever practiced till 11pm.
Crazy!!
The skin on my fingers are literally coming off!! Anywoo.. yea, we still had fun!!

Alright, I know I'm one day late to tell y'all about what happened the yesterday (
Friday, 26/09/08).
Yeah, my colleague and I went to the client site to fix their problem. They're using out soft phone product, Trevally. In any case you havent' had a since clue on what a soft phone is... to help you understand without me explaining too much.. 
Its like Skype. What?
Yea, its a software that you can use it to make phone calls, either within your office or when outside, like mobile phone, and even overseas.
Its call IP phone, in other word. Meaning your using your internet line to make phone calls.


Wow!! cool right?
Not really, IP phone calls still can't beat analog phone calls.
(just in case, analog phone call are calls made through the conventional/normal phone line.)
Why you say?
Its the voice quality, its not so very good compared to the conventional way.

Anywoo, yea. Let me continue my day.
Yeap, we went over to the client's place in Jalan Ipoh. I don't even have a slightest idea where's it. Yea, we were joking about being scolded and stuff like that on our way there, and it was until when we were actually there. We were like, I think we are going to get scolded. Haha!!
But, thank God it was lunch hour.. no one was going to be in the office.

Oya, I haven't mention why were we going there. We're suppose to install something called ECC (Echo Cancellation Card). Its like sometimes when you speak on the phone you hear you own echo.
Yea, its something to cancel the echo/in other words to reduce echo on our product.
So yea, we were there. I just watch Allen (
My joker-yet-pro colleague) and help him a little. Took us around an hour to fix the thing due to some of their (the client's) messy cables.

And finaly its testing time. Totally rox!! It was my first time using my company's product, even though I have the software on my laptop (
given by my company, cool right). The testing was the best part, it was super clear when we made calls. And we started making some free calls to our boss to test on him, and made calls to my colleagues phone and he asked me to test. SO COOL!!

Yeap, the experience was really really fun. As well as getting to know my colleague a lil better..
Wow!! And my day got better, was able to learn from on of the sifu in the office, and the best part was... he was learning from me while I'm learning from him!!
lolx!!

So basically, that was my Friday!! and also the day to end my first week working!!
Next week, I'll be having holidays from Wednesday all the way to Sunday!!
Cool man!!

ciao~~

0 comments: